Tuesday, October 16, 2012

slow motion

my life has felt like a whirlwind for the past month. ironic. because my days are ever so much slower and without scheduled anything... I feel like I'm stuck in these long drawn out moments of reaching for the potato starch to powder sweet lucas' bottom, as if I'm reaching for the shock button on the defibrillator... it feels like slow motion because it's the next most important thing... the clock is ticking, the phone is ringing, and the world is whirring, but nothing is as important as getting the next burp, or rocking gently to sleep, or changing into yet another onsie. Before I know it the day is half over and all we have done is... nothing really.

but I guess all that nothing has made Lucas into a happy chubby little boy, in the 97th percentile for weight, with clean clothes and soft pink skin everywhere... including under his little diaper. And, with the benefit of david's alaskan airlines job, we have been doing all that nothing in different places around the country, and it has been wonderful. So Lucas has met his family in D.C. and in Portland, and in Seattle.  Here are some great photos from that trip...

Great grandpa and Great grandma Adams


Eating at Great grandpa's favorite place- Heidi's

Eating at beta-luka's- an ethiopian place named for the owner's son lucas. It means house of lucas


Aunt Emily

























BBQ with grandma and grandpa adams


1 comment:

  1. so neat to see pictures from you travels. I agree so much with the things you wrote about going in slow motion. You articulated it in such a sweet way ... thanks, it validated my day of .... "nothing."

    ReplyDelete