Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The tree in the front yard is now almost bare. She's been slowly becoming more transparent. Now her covering is lying around her like a wet towel on the bathroom floor. I raked up her leaves the other day, turning them into compost that will hopefully garnish my garden in the spring if I get my act together. I've been wanting to somehow implement a sabbath in our busy lives... but not working at all, like the Jewish tradition, is something I don't really understand. I heard somewhere that a man does his gardening on the sabbath because it is reflective and restful for him. I gave it a try this week and enjoyed it so much. I raked leaves, planted some tulips from TJ and Beth's wedding, and some old daffodil bulbs from Fairmount road that aren't going to bloom since they have been hiding in the garage for so long... but I figure some of their dust is better than nothing and maybe will make my memories of daffodils from my childhood live a bit longer. It was so good to get my hands in the dirt again. Mostly my days consist of short walks around town and through totem park, and doing the same tasks over and over again- like changing diapers, putting lucas down for a nap, sweeping the floor. But every once in a while there is a special occasion- like going to eat with Dad at work, or hanging out with other 3 month olds, or a fun dress-up holiday.

Halloween was a fun little adventure for us. I'm not sure it was so fun for Lucas as he did not understand the cuteness of his costume nor the fun of gathering candy. But it was a good little walk for him and we met some of our friends.

My little tiger

Sam and Candice and their kids. You cannot tell but Candice is full term and had her baby the following day!
Liz in her renaissance garb


Eating soup with Dad at the Nugget

A sweet walk with mom and shelby on a sunny day.

Not being amused by the ha-ha game
My prenatal yoga friend Leeann and her little one


Chattam- only 2 weeks older than Lucas and obviously best buds

But the best part about this time is perhaps having Grandma here. It's been wonderful to have Eva in town, especially since I have gone back to work two days a week and child care is a bit tricky with David's random schedule. We have gourmet meals, clean laundry galore, and the chance for some time to make money-- or spend it, just the two of us, like the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment