Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthday

Hello Shelley's blog followers.  This is her husband.  As many of you may already know, Shelley's birthday is a little over a week away on March 19th.  In honor of her birthday and because I love her very much I decided to hijack her blog.  Allow me to explain.

When I was a senior in high school I took a speech class because I thought it would be an easy A.  During the course of that semester the teacher had us do something which felt extremely cheesy.  She asked us to fill out an index card in which we described another person, focusing, on the things that made that person special and how they have made an impact on us.  By the end of the semester, we had written a card to every person in the class and had received a card from every person in the class.  I am not sure the impact that my descriptions had on others but I know that I treasured those index cards I received from my classmates.  It was wonderful to feel that I made in impact and that my presence mattered.  

As we have begun a new phase in our life, with all of our attention and effort being shifted towards our little one, I would like to take a pause for Shelley's birthday to focus on her and encourage her.   I would like for all of you to either:

a) write a note on an index card and mail it to 210 Park St. Sitka, AK 99835
b) write a note on an index card, take a picture of it  and email it to david.t.adams@gmail.com
c) respond to this post on Shelley's blog with what you would have written on the index card
or
d) Give Shelley a call and tell her in person

Thanks for your time and blessings on you all!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment