Friday, June 7, 2013

Photo update

 Forgive me for my laziness. I have been engrossed in discovery - enjoying L's exploration of life is a full time job. Sometimes it's too heavy and I must escape to cleaning the house, or to work, or to a 18th century novel, when once again I become a regular adult able to tune out the millions of potential discoveries flying by every second. slow down to discover... speed up and control control control. With Lucas, life slows down to moments - every muscle movement, every glance, every noise, or expression, the way all five fingers can work in concert to open, close, turn, feel. It's like I'm actually watching brain cells firing, sending impulses to his eyes, tongue, fingers. Every moment is laden with significance and beauty. He is shaping my world I think just as much as I am shaping his. He's watching so acutely, but so am I... I am forced to discover again- to notice. This whole motherhood thing is the most powerful experience of my life, but all this discovery with him wears me out and most days I choose to zone out, instead of write. But thank you faithful readers, I'm back for the evening.

 Since I've last blogged, much has happened. Here is a minor photo update. Some of the highlights of this post are we have been to Portland twice, went to a marriage intensive which was intense as promised. Eileen came to visit- my sweet Eileen - who still loves to philosophize and sing just as much as me.... Kristin and Sam are getting married this weekend, and we had a bachelorette party at our house, followed by Lucas's first camping trip to Shelikof... (pictures later.)  I got my garden in and the weather has been marvelous!




This collection of sugary panties designed and decorated by all the ladies was subsequently devoured by Shelby who I'm sure had a brutal stomach ache.




Born for speed!





Lucas passed out in downtown Portland
Loving great grandma and grandpa...





Here's our family picnic at Old Sitka where we got 4 wheelbarrow loads of seaweed for the garden. Lucas tried avocado for the first time. Even now I am just staring at these photos, recreating and soaking in all these moments. It's hard to fathom that tomorrow he will be 10 months old.





2 comments:

  1. Happy 10 months baby Lucas! and Shelley it has been sooo fun walking through most of those adventures with you! and your such a great mom and inspiration to future moms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos and hearing your thoughts. Especially love the photo of Lucas driving his little car with his tongue sticking out!

    ReplyDelete